Mission and Vision
Preparing a new generation of leaders and global citizens
The mission of Lexington County School District One — where caring people, academics, the arts, and athletics connect — is to prepare 21st century graduates while serving as the center for community learning.
Therefore, we will provide:
- An array of exceptional learning experiences in a high-performance culture of excellence that sets high expectations for every student.
- Opportunities to develop talents, interests, and skills through choices from a comprehensive
system of 21st century learning experiences in the arts, academics, and athletics.
- Various innovative learning delivery and support systems to personalize learning and to ensure
that our students are learning sophisticated 21st century skills, knowledge, and attitudes.
- Opportunities to practice leadership and citizenship in a global context.
- Access by the community to a range of learning and participatory community experiences
- A learning environment and professional culture of caring and support.
The graduates of Lexington County School District One are a new generation of leaders and global citizens who are self-directed, creative, collaborative, caring, and multilingual and who flourish in a global, competitive 21st century.
Our graduates are confident in academics, sophisticated in learning, accomplished in 21st century skills, global in orientation, and prepared as leaders and citizens of our democracy.
- Our schools serve as the center for community learning.
- Our students are engaged in high quality learning and are provided an exceptional array of 21st
century learning experiences.
- Our collaborative and innovative organization for learning develops self-directed, creative, and
- Our culture and our academics develop leadership and citizenship skills for the global world and for our democracy.
- All stakeholders accept collective responsibility for the sophisticated learning of our students.
- Each student receives the personal support necessary to reach his or her goals through a
caring environment that advocates for students and works to eliminate barriers to learning.