In order for a child to be admitted to any public school, 5-Year-Old Kindergarten through Grade 12, that child must have the following required vaccinations and immunizations.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis
(DTP, DT, DTaP, Td or Tdap)
- Four dose minimum — One dose must be on or after the fourth birthday.
- For unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated children 7 years of age and older, refer to currently published ACIP Catch-Up Schedule for number of doses necessary to complete diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis series and meet this requirement.
- The Department of Health and Environmental Control requires all seventh-, eighth-, ninth- and 10th-graders to have one dose of a Tdap booster on or after their seventh birthday. The Tdap also protects them from tetanus and diphtheria.
- In order to register your seventh-grader, you will need to bring a completed South Carolina Certificate of Immunization that shows that your seventh-grader has received a Tdap booster.
- Three dose minimum — One dose must be on or after fourth birthday.
- The final dose in the IPV series should be on the fourth birthday or older, regardless of the number of previous doses.
- Students already enrolled in Grades 5–12 are in compliance if they have had: three (3) doses with one dose on or after the fourth birthday OR four (4) doses before the fourth birthday.
Two dose minimum — Rubeola (Measles) vaccine must be received on or after the first birthday and separated by at least one month.
Rubella (German Measles)
One dose minimum — Rubella (German Measles) vaccine must be received on or after the first birthday.
One dose minimum — Mumps vaccine must be received on or after the first birthday.
Three dose minimum — The Hepatitis B vaccine, required for all students, must be received at the proper intervals.
Two dose minimum — Two doses of the Varicella vaccine are now required for all 5-year-old kindergarten and first- and second-grade students. Both doses must have been received on or after the first birthday.
Students in Grades 3–12 must have received one dose of the Varicella vaccine on or after their first birthday, or the student must have had a documented case of chickenpox.