Seeking parents with children starting kindergarten in the 2018–19 school year who want to:
• Enrich their child’s mental development
• Help their child develop better thinking and listening skills, and greater sensitivity to language
• Give their child the ability to communicate in multiple languages
• Expose their child to other cultures and countries
• Give their child a head start in language requirements for college
• Expand their child’s future career opportunities
• Enroll their child in an innovative program-one of the first of its kind in South Carolina
What is Dual Language Immersion?
Beginning in 5-year-old kindergarten, students receive language and literacy, science and mathematics instruction in a world language. They receive instruction in all other subject areas in English.
Elementary schools offering the program in 2018–19 include:
• Deerfield Elementary (German)
• Gilbert Primary (Spanish)
• Gilbert Elementary (Spanish)
• Meadow Glen Elementary (Mandarin Chinese)
• Midway Elementary (French)
• Pleasant Hill Elementary (Spanish)
• Red Bank Elementary (Spanish)
Want to learn more?
Attend one of the following information sessions held at Central Services at 100 Tarrar Springs Road, Lexington, S.C. 29072 on the following dates:
• February 23, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
• February 26, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• March 5, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
Each session includes an explanation of how our Dual Language Immersion Program works, and the benefits offered to students. All information presented at the sessions will also be posted online at www.lexoneworldlanguages.weebly.com.
When is registration?
• Online registration begins on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
• Parents will access the online registration link by clicking on “World Languages” under the “Academics” header or by visiting the World Language Micro-site.
• At each dual language immersion school site, priority is given to students who are zoned for these schools.
• We reserve 10 spaces at each site for students who reside outside of that school’s attendance zone.
• All dual language immersion students must reside in Lexington One and provide proof of residency upon enrolling for 5K.
• Dual language immersion registration is held one week after 5K enrollment closes.
• Please be sure to enroll your child at the school s/he is zoned for prior to registering for dual language immersion.