Discus – South Carolina’s Virtual Library is the “information place” for all South Carolinians. Discus, which stands for Digital Information for South Carolina Users, provides free access to an electronic library that’s available 24/7.
his site is loaded with web resources for K-12 homework help, projects, and more. It also provides teachers with lesson plans and other content to support classroom activities. Created by the South Carolina State Library, StudySC is arranged by grade level and subject area, and it meets South Carolina-specific curriculum standards. Whether students are looking for artist biographies or Native American tribes and Civil War timelines, they can find the information they need quickly.
Tutor.com offers real-time tutoring 7 days a week. You MUST go through Discus in order to access it free of charge.
English speaking tutors are available from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Spanish speaking tutors in core subjects are available from 2:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Do not need to create an account to access a tutor.
- To access ALL of tutor.com's features though, you will need to create an account. Please have or encourage students to use their @lexington1.net account.
- Essay drop off (teacher demo link below)
- Math problem drop off (teacher demo link below)
- Practice Classroom (this is what the tutoring session looks like; teacher demo link below)
- SAT/ACT feature is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Students can provide their target test date and it tracks their progress and shows their areas of strength and weakness. Skip to the end of this webinar for detailed information.
FREE LIVE ONLINE TUTORING! Check out our Step-by-Step Directions for Accessing Tutor.com through DISCUS
Top 10 Facts for Parents - English
Top 10 Facts for Parents - Espanol