Teaching experience is sometimes acceptable for credit towards license certificates.
To receive experience credit, the applicant must provide an official description of the professional duties for which he or she wishes to receive the credit. These duties must have been connected to the primary educational program through teaching, education administration, curriculum development, or teacher training. With the exception of trade and industry experience credit (see R. 43-63), employment must meet the requirements for full-time or half-time employment as stated below. For an individual to receive experience credit, he or she must verify full-time or half-time employment in one of the following educational positions:
- A professional position in a public, private, or parochial elementary or secondary school.
- A professional position in a regionally or nationally accredited institution of higher education or an institution with teacher education programs approved by the State Board of Education.
- A position as a teacher's aide, provided the applicant had an earned undergraduate degree during the period of employment.
- A professional education position in a teacher exchange program or a city, county, state, or federal education program for school-aged or adult populations.
- A professional education or training position in a privately funded education program for school-aged or adult populations.
- A professional education position in a city, county, state, or federal educational system that supports the primary education program for a school-aged or adult population.