ALL STUDENTS have dignity and worth.
ALL STUDENTS have the right to a safe & nurturing instructional environment which supports & enhances academic achievement.
ALL STUDENTS' ethnic, cultural, & racial differences and special needs are considered in the planning & implementing of the school counseling program.
ALL STUDENTS have the right to be served by a professional, state-certified school counselor.
Why contact your student's school counselor?
- Concerns about your student's academic, social, or personal performance
- Family changes
- Personal/Social concerns
- Crisis situations
- To arrange a meeting with several teachers
- Information on community resources & agencies for your student or your family
- When there are concerns regarding your child and you don't know where to start looking for answers
How does a student meet with the counselor?
- Parent referral
- Teacher referral
- Administrative referral
Parents/guardians are able to meet with a school counselor...
- By calling & making an appointment for a private conference
- By emailing the Counseling & Advisement Department
- By visiting the Office of Counseling & Advisement
Assistant for Staff and Student Community
Multilingual Learner Program Liaison
Tamika Del Valle
Student Records & CTE Data Specialist
Counseling & Advisement