About River Bluff High School
River Bluff High School opened August 2013 as the first EL Education high school in South Carolina. A joint architectural venture between Jumper Carter Sease and CJMW Architecture firm, the 525,000 square foot facility is nestled on 146.16 acres of land off of historic Corley Mill Road. Our core facility has a capacity of 2500 students. The scope of the project includes plans for Silver LEED Certification and includes:
- Flexible and Collaborative Learning Spaces
- A Learning Commons
- A Performing Arts Center and Black Box Theater
- A Coffee Shop and Cafeteria
- Dual gyms
- State of the Art Media Arts and Music Technology Labs
- Athletic Facilities including: Weight Rooms, Physical Therapy Room, Wrestling Gym, Tennis Courts and Multiple Practice Fields.
- An Art Gallery and A/V Production Studio
- A student run school store, Gatortown
The school’s mascot is the “Gator” and our motto is “Work hard. Get smart. Do good.” Since our opening, River Bluff has earned two state report ratings of Excellent and Palmetto Silver Awards 2018 and 2019. In 2019 River Bluff was named Palmetto’s Finest High School an award given annually in the state of South Carolina to the best comprehensive high school, the same year inagural principal Dr. Luke Clamp was named National Secondary Principal of the Year by the National Association of Secondary School Principals. Student population has grown from 1400 in 2013 to over 2200 currently. River Bluff has won numerous state and national awards in art, athletics and academics. Our students are leaders locally and globally and believe the best is yet to come.