In order to take the GED test:
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- Aren't enrolled in high school
- Do not have a high school diploma from an accredited high school
There are four sections:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (150 minutes)
- Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (70 minutes)
You do not need to take all sections in the same day. A passing score is 145. Once a section is passed it does not need to be retaken. Each section costs $37.50 and retakes cost $17.50. You will need a debit/credit card to schedule your test.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GED
What is the GED?
Do I have to attend classes to take the GED ?
If I don't have to take classes to obtain a GED, what does your program offer?
Where can I take the GED tests?
Can I take the GED online?
Am I too old to get my GED?
I am 16 years old. Can I take the GED?
Can I go into the military with a GED?
Can I go to college with a GED?