Guidelines for Using Our Electronic Flyer System
Lexington County School District One works with schools, school support groups, school organizations, and community organizations to make information about not-for-profit activities or services and enrichment opportunities available to families — providing their material meets our standards.
The district does not distribute flyers directly to students.
The district makes approved electronic flyers available to parents through Peachjar and refers to Peachjar all requests from groups or individuals who would like to make their information about not-for-profit activities or enrichment services available to Lexington County School District One students.
Each school has its own Peachjar site where parents can find and view flyers. Parents can go to a school’s webpage and click on the Peachjar logo to see the approved flyers for that school.
Approved electronic flyers, information or brochures with school and district announcements, newsletters, messages and information about not-for-profit (501c3) organizations’ (such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, YMCA, Little League, Lexington One Community Coalition, and others) activities or services; school activities or services such as PTA/PTO, School Improvement Council or Booster Club notices; and enrichment opportunities such as after-school or summer activities by schools such as athletic camps, Little League, Riverbanks Zoo, Clemson University or Mad Science are delivered to parents by email and posted on the school’s Peachjar website.
The district does not approve the distribution of a flyer by a “for profit” organization even if that organization is offering something “free” to our students, nor does the district approve fundraising only efforts from nonprofit groups.
In an effort to keep flyers relevant to parents, Peachjar limits Community Free (Free-for-Free) flyer distribution to one posting every 30 days for up to 25 schools per organization. Please note, local community organizations can continue to promote all free programs within any 30-day time period by making sure that one posting contains all activities happening with that 30 days within a multi-page flyer.
Peachjar makes exceptions for school groups such as Booster Clubs, Education Foundations and others on a case-by-case basis.
No commercial publications are posted or distributed unless their purpose is to further a school activity, such as graduation, class pictures, or class rings or to offer a pre-approved enrichment opportunity to our students such as a science camp.
Peachjar manages this flyer distribution on behalf of our schools using the latest electronic communication technology.
Once an organization’s flyer is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, the flyer is delivered to all parents’ email addresses as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents can immediately see the flyer and click through the flyer.
If a parent deletes the email and later wants some information from that flyer, the parent can view that flyer online by going to the school’s Peachjar website.
Schools, school support groups, and booster clubs can usually post and distribute their flyers, newsletters, and important information at no cost. If a flyer describes an activity or event with a fee, both of the following criteria must be met in order for the flyer to be posted at no charge.
- The activity/participation fee must be made payable to the school, school district or the school’s authorized parent group.
- The activity must be conducted by school/district staff, students or parent group volunteers.
Community organizations (non-profit) may post a flyer without charge through Peachjar (subject to school/district approval) provided the flyer contains information about a community event that is held without charge to attendees and does not lead to a participation fee or serve as an enticement to buy products or services.
Community organizations and enrichment providers (both for-profit and non-profit) are subject to Peachjar’s service fee when they post a flyer to promote/announce an activity or event with a participation fee. This also happens when the flyer describes an event that is held without charge for the purpose of enticing attendees to buy products or services or to participate in a fee-based program or activity. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost the organization would pay to make printed copies of the flyer.
WHAT FLYERS MEET DISTRICT CRITERIA?
Flyers that meet the district’s criteria are flyers that:
- Let parents know about programs or events held within Lexington County;
- Let parents know about activities that benefit our students, help develop character, etc.;
- Let parents know about programs or events that are youth-related or related to youth education;
- Come from approved youth character-building organizations;
- Pertain to activities of the community recreation program;
- Do not promote nor discourage religion;
- Are nondenominational in nature;
- Contain school names only as part of the location information for events held at schools and in no way imply events are endorsed by school or district; and
- Do not disrupt the educational process, violate the rights of others, include material that is defamatory, invade the privacy of others, infringe on a copyright, or are obscene, vulgar or indecent.
WHAT FLYERS DO NOT MEET DISTRICT CRITERIA?
Flyers that do not meet the district’s criteria are flyers that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Promote any commercial or for-profit business that does not support the basic educational mission of the district.
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Discriminate against or attack any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
WHAT INFORMATION MUST BE ON THE FLYER?
- The sponsoring organization’s full name,
- The sponsoring organization’s address,
- The sponsoring organization’s email address,
- The sponsoring organization’s telephone number,
- The sponsoring organization’s web address, and
- The sponsoring organization’s non-profit 501c3 status, governmental educational nonprofit institution status, etc.
HOW DO I POST A FLYER?
Peachjar manages flyer distribution on behalf of our schools.
- Your flyer must be in PDF format, 1–4 pages in length and under 6 MB in size.
- For ADA purposes, your flyer text will be copied into a description box. Scanned flyers and fonts in size 12pt or smaller may not be detected by this software and may require you to manually add the text to the description box.
- For best results, create your flyer on an 8.5” x 11” document in portrait orientation.
- Embedded links within a flyer are not supported. You can include one link that shows above your flyer.
To post a flyer, organizations just register at www.peachjar.com, select the desired school(s) and upload the flyer. The flyer is then automatically submitted to the district or school for approval. Once approved, that flyer is delivered to parents by email as an embedded image (not a link) and posted online. Once a flyer is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, parents can also view the flyer by clicking on the Peachjar logo on the school’s website.
Community organizations and enrichment providers are subject to Peachjar’s service fee when they post a flyer to promote/announce an activity or event with a participation fee. This also happens when the flyer describes an event that is held without charge for the purpose of enticing attendees to buy products or services or to participate in a fee-based program or activity.
Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost they paid in the past to copy flyers.
Organizations can see pricing and discount information on Peachjar’s website or contact Peachjar Customer Service for pricing and discount information at 858-997-2117.